Exceeded instrument sharing limit

Johnny135
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to link a card and it said something about a sharing limit, what does that mean? What can I do?
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What card?

What Bank?

What country?

How were you trying to link the card?

Login to Me Too

Klown87
New Community Member

Hi!

I have the same problem.

Mine is a credit card Mastercard from Swiss and im trying to link it as i did with the others 4 card(in the app).

Help please!§!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I am going to take a guess and say that too many cards have been added to the account.  They block it as an anti-fraud measure,  Each PayPal account has a lifetime card limit, even though cards have been removed (from view) card is still associated with account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@sharpiemarker

Seems to be the best explanation I've heard.

None of the posters have indicated data on total cards ever linked to the account.  The security issues makes sense.

Login to Me Too

maybeitsmaddie
New Community Member
This is happening to me and I have never added a card. The first time I tried to add a card it gave me this message.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to jump in on this thread to offer some clarity on this! Generally this error indicates that the card is already existing on another account and cannot be added to another unless it is removed from the account where it's currently "living." 

Customer support can help locate the account where the card would be already linked. 🙂 Customer support can be reached by clicking "Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page. 

I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

GarrettAlroy
Contributor
Contributor
How can I get under the sharing limit?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@GarrettAlroy

Contact customer support as instructed by Admin.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@GarrettAlroy wrote:
How can I get under the sharing limit?

if this is your card<dont you remember where and when and with whom it is shared?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.