Error Message When Adding Email Address

TParker
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to add an email address, and I am getting the following error. "We're sorry but you cannot claim money as you have requested money from this account." I don't understand what this is referring to. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TParker,

Thank you for posting in the community! I'm sorry that you're unable to add the email address to your account. I'll be happy to clarify.

If you have ever transacted with that email address, either by sending or receiving money, or sending or receiving an invoice or request for payment, then the email address cannot be added to the account. If you would like to add a different email address that has never been the other party in any transactions, you should have no trouble adding that one.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.