Enter SSN to Lift $500 Withdrawal Limit in Business Account

Victoria109
New Community Member

Hi,

I have a personal PayPal account for a long time, and recently I am starting a small business so I am creating a separate business Paypal account. All is going well except that I see I need to enter my SSN in order to lift the $500 withdrawal limit. I don't mind putting that in; I will be reporting that income to the IRS.

However, when I into my SSN, it said that the SSN has already been used in another account (which means my personal account), and it wouldn't let me enter my SSN.

I can use my husband's corporation's EIN, but can I enter an EIN in place of an SSN in that spot?

Thanks!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

EINs are accepted for registered businesses however, you still may be asked for your SSN.  This happened to use when we applied for PayPal Here.  Suggest that you follow-up with customer support with your concerns as should be able to help with the SSN part.  You can contact them via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

ejackson44
New Community Member

I have decided not to give my SSN to Paypal. I dont mind the $500 limit, but I am wondering when does the month flip to the next month?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.