E-mailed directions for turning off one touch are very confusing, and outright wrong!

TwoCollieTom
New Community Member

I recently signed up for one touch, and you sent me an E-mail with directions on how to turn it off as follows:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Profile icon.
  3. Click Security.
  4. Click Edit next to "Stay logged in for faster purchases."
  5. Click Log out per device or Turn off One Touch on all devices.

I found these directions to be very incomplete (where on a very complicated page is the "security" word or I was supposed to check), and downright incorrect.  

Please update this E-mail, and when you do, please make your instructions much more clear (at the bottom opf the page on the left, click on the word "security".

I tried to directly contact the company using the "contact" button at the bottom of most paes but could find no topic that fit this problem that would let me send anything, which is why I am addressing it here.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

SubGothius

I discovered this differs if you have a PayPal Business account. In that case, you have to log in and go to Profile > Profile and Settings > My Settings > Stay logged in for faster purchases, and click the Edit link next to that.

You could also delete any browser cookies for "paypal", then next time you log into PayPal for a purchase, be sure to un-tick the box asking if you want to stay logged in.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

SubGothius

I discovered this differs if you have a PayPal Business account. In that case, you have to log in and go to Profile > Profile and Settings > My Settings > Stay logged in for faster purchases, and click the Edit link next to that.

You could also delete any browser cookies for "paypal", then next time you log into PayPal for a purchase, be sure to un-tick the box asking if you want to stay logged in.

Login to Me Too

lionel
Contributor
Contributor

I explored the site, and found this page where One Touch may be turned off, either per device, or else all devices at once.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.