Deleting Address History

lizpdx
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to delete my delivery address history?

Everytime I pay for anything, I have to choose from the long list of previous delivery addresses. I can't find a way to delete this address history among any of my settings. -Lizpdx

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

iamv
Contributor
Contributor

I just had an order sent to the wrong address because I couldn't get the old address deleted from my account. This is a serious problem and there should be an easy solution. Apperantly, paypal doesn't monitor these messages at all.

I beginning to get **bleep** off about it!

Login to Me Too

Bluelyon852
Contributor
Contributor

Go to the home page. Click on the gear symbol (it's the grey one in the upper right-hand corner, the circle with the hole in the middle). This will take you to your settings page and should show all your addresses. Go to your current address FIRST. Mark it as your primary address. After doing this, you will be allowed to delete other address.

Login to Me Too

apistana
Contributor
Contributor

When I do this, it only shows my primary mailing address, which is correct. It does not show the address history. The addresses I've shipped to (for gifts, etc.) always pop up when I purchase something, instead of going to my primare default address. So irritating that this isn't a simple fix. I shouldn't have to call customer service to handle something that should be easily updated online.

Login to Me Too

tvleavitt
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. Nothing I do seems to expose the list of existing addresses, and nothing seems to make it possible to change the default address selected. It seems absurd to have to contact customer service to deal with this.

Also, their GUI is this weird mix of classic and "new" designs. Clearly, a badly executed "upgrade".

Login to Me Too

BonBonKitty
Contributor
Contributor
tvleavitt, did you see my temporary workaround? It's the 7th post on page 1. Here it is again: THIS WORKED FOR ME: Until they fix their website, try this: Click on Settings in the top right corner (gear icon). Edit NAME (at top, right next to your name) Then Cancel (I know - it’s weird, but it’s the only thing that will get you to the page to delete addresses) Next to your address, click Update From there, you can Edit, Remove, or Add addresses. I don’t know why this is so difficult to get to. It’s obviously a bug that needs to be fixed.
Login to Me Too

tvleavitt
Contributor
Contributor

Saw that, tried it, didn't work.  Unfortunately. All I get as an edit option, regardless of what I do, is the one address associated with my credit and debit cards.

Login to Me Too

kTron2g
New Community Member

Having the same problem as you. Hopefully they can get the issue fixed.

Login to Me Too

shayOD
New Community Member

I cant see the setting icon anywhere when I log in

Login to Me Too

tsulzy
New Community Member

Agreed with other posters. I see the list of my 15 address on the Personal Info page but when I edit, it takes me to a screen where only two of my address appear.

Login to Me Too

teddysmom
Contributor
Contributor

Only three addresses of 24 showed up, couldn't get any more.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.