Deleting Address History

lizpdx
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to delete my delivery address history?

Everytime I pay for anything, I have to choose from the long list of previous delivery addresses. I can't find a way to delete this address history among any of my settings. -Lizpdx

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There's two options for removing old addresses:

The first is to check you Account Address Book.

Login to your PayPal Account.

Click on the Request Money tab.

On the right side of the screen, look for More Invoicing Tools

Click on More Invoiceing Tools.

On the next page, you should see a box titled Invoice Settings.

Click on the Address Book link.

It's straight forward from there as you can Add, Edit or Delete addresses.

If the addresses are not displayed there, then you need to contact customer support for assistance as they can remove the info you're seeing.  This can be done via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

lizpdx
Contributor
Contributor

The advice above only works for email addresses. I'm trying to delete delivery address history -- the actual snail mail addresses different products I've paid for via Paypal have been delivered to. Every time I order something via Paypal, I have to choose from my entire history where I want it delivered -- even if I have my home address choosen as the default address.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you contact customer support?

Login to Me Too

thronus
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever resolve this? I have been trying to figure out how to remove old addresses FOREVER. It is so annoying to go through 12-years-worth of addresses to find my current one (which is the default) every time I make a purchase.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

apistana
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever figure this out? I cannot find away to delete my address history either. Everytime I use PayPal for a purchase, old mailing addresses appear and I have to scroll through to my default home address.

Login to Me Too

BonBonKitty
Contributor
Contributor

THIS WORKED FOR ME:

Until they fix their website, try this:

Click on Settings in the top right corner (gear icon).

Edit NAME (at top, right next to your name)

Then Cancel (I know - it’s weird, but it’s the only thing that will get you to the page to delete addresses)

Next to your address, click Update

From there, you can Edit, Remove, or Add addresses.

I don’t know why this is so difficult to get to.  It’s obviously a bug that needs to be fixed.
Login to Me Too

Brisec
New Community Member

Thankyou, thankyou!!!  I tried so hard to remove excess addresses after a package I ordered ended up being sent to a previous address.  How frustrated I was, with no obvious way to do it.  Your advice WORKED perfectly!!!

Login to Me Too

baerana
New Community Member

this totally works, thanks so much!!

@BonBonKitty wrote:

THIS WORKED FOR ME:

Until they fix their website, try this:

Click on Settings in the top right corner (gear icon).

Edit NAME (at top, right next to your name)

Then Cancel (I know - it’s weird, but it’s the only thing that will get you to the page to delete addresses)

Next to your address, click Update

From there, you can Edit, Remove, or Add addresses.

I don’t know why this is so difficult to get to.  It’s obviously a bug that needs to be fixed.

Login to Me Too

JosephM3
New Community Member

Just call customer support.  when the automated system asks what you want hit "0" to get a human being.  The person I spoke with made it quick and easy.  Also the hold time was close to zero.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.