Debit Card shown as Credit card

thatnameistaken
New Community Member

I have linked a debit card but it is showing as a credit card.  I would like to be able to transfer to this card but I can't because it is not recognized as a debit card

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Eligible cards (with either Visa or MC logo) that support a withdrawal will be shown to you in the "To" drop-down in the withdrawal page so how the card type is displayed may not be an issue.  (The money will be moved to the bank account associated with the card selected during withdrawal. )

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Eligible cards (with either Visa or MC logo) that support a withdrawal will be shown to you in the "To" drop-down in the withdrawal page so how the card type is displayed may not be an issue.  (The money will be moved to the bank account associated with the card selected during withdrawal. )

Login to Me Too

thatnameistaken
New Community Member

so looks like my card doesn't qualify - may have to check with my bank. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Acoustic_Shadow
Contributor
Contributor

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! It is indeed an ISSUE...because one cannot participate in the NEW Instant Bank Transfer program (25-cents per transaction) without a DEBIT card registered with Paypal. And clearly, that is what the OP has stated as their dilemma. I had the same problem last night, so called the Paypal 888 number (bleeping USELESS!). That gal told me to go to my bank and get it "straightened out". Hello??? Earth to Paypal ~ it aint' the bank who has it wrong; it's Paypal. G-G-G-R-R-R-R-R-R....

@Quandary wrote:

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Acoustic_Shadow wrote:

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! It is indeed an ISSUE...because one cannot participate in the NEW Instant Bank Transfer program (25-cents per transaction) without a DEBIT card registered with Paypal. And clearly, that is what the OP has stated as their dilemma. I had the same problem last night, so called the Paypal 888 number (bleeping USELESS!). That gal told me to go to my bank and get it "straightened out". Hello??? Earth to Paypal ~ it aint' the bank who has it wrong; it's Paypal. G-G-G-R-R-R-R-R-R....

@Quandary wrote:

this is what Quad is saying,if your debit card qualifies,then when you go to transfer fund from Paypal ,that card would be shown as an option along with the bank accounts you linked TO your Paypal account.

The problem is no one knows or have seen a list of which bank issued debit card qualifies,?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.