Converting USD to EURO, PayPal Over Charge Me of $16.54 USD

carp-shaw
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a item from Germany which came out of being in Euro $402.00. So the converting to USD was post to came out of being $474.34. Throught the converting on payment on PapPal website, PayPal over charge me of $16.54 USD. I like to say I have bought things from Germay, France and other countries that use the money of Euro. How can I do or what should I do (?), On having PayPal refunding me? I also like to state that the seller has none thing to do with this charge of $16.54 USD it's right from PayPal. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there is a 3% conversion fee if you want Paypal to convert your US$ to Euros/

Login to Me Too

carp-shaw
Contributor
Contributor
Hi if that was true, then in the past years of using paypal. I haven't and never been charge 3% when converting from USD to Euro and USD to GBP. And just say the amount of money that was added doesn't come out of being $16.54 USD. Is there any other idea or can you cut and paste the paypal link, so I may read it. Thank you
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did PAYPAL  show you the real time exchange rate it used ?

Some said it is a wholesale exchange rate and is not real time,there is also a bid and ask price for any exchange rate.

conversion is now 3%,it was less before.

how did you figure you are overcharged $16.54?

fee schedule is on paypal site,on bottom of the page-fee schedule/

Paypal makes good money on conversion,but still cheaper than bank wire transfer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.