Contradicting info on "premier" accounts...

JoshEB
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I'm new to PayPal, and I'm trying to figure out what kind of account I need to receive payment, and I keep running into contradicting answers.

First in the help center under "PayPal Basics/Account Types", there's an article named "What is the difference between Personal, Premier, and Business accounts?" (https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/...). The page says:

• Premier: Recommended for casual sellers or non-businesses who wish to get paid online, and who also make online purchases.
  • Business: Recommended for merchants who operate under a company/group name. It offers additional features such as allowing up to 200 employees limited access to your account and customer service email alias for customer issues to be routed for faster follow-ups.

So from there it looked like I'd need a Premier account, as I'd be receiving payment as an individual. But everywhere I looked seemed to suggest that Premier accounts aren't even available anymore. So I continued looking, and found these two answers:

Answer #1: Personal accounts were merged Premier

/t5/About-Business/premier-account-sign-up/m-p/1220644

Answer #2: Premier accounts were merged with Business

/t5/About-Business-Archive/Being-told-I-need-to-set-up-Business-Account/td-p/940693

And of course these answers completely disagree with each other. So now I'm now left feeling very confused about all of this.

If someone can help clear this up, that would be greatly appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

JoshEB
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody?

(not sure if "bumping" is really allowed, but I really need help here 😕 )

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.