Constant verification of account needed but it states no phone number on record

Sally_Cinnamon
Contributor
Contributor

I have called PayPal on this so many times I honesty do not know what to do at this point.

When I log into PayPal or I try to purchase something via PayPal it asks me to verify who I am.  Fine, I realize they have increased their security and this is maybe necessary now.  However, you have to verify it is you via text or phone and it states I do not have a phone on record.  So, I try to add my phone (even though I know it is already on record and confirmed several times already by PayPal reps) and it states that phone is not valid.

Every time I call PayPal a representative tells me that it is "now fixed".  I have contacted them five times already, do not know what to do!! 

If anyone could help or shed some light I would be very grateful!  At this point I cannot purchase anything via PayPal and can only access my account on my personal laptop. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paypal is country specific.

Is your phone number a valid number for that country where you sign up Paypal?

Login to Me Too

Sally_Cinnamon
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, definitely.  Same phone number as always.

The only thing I can think is a few months ago I called PayPal to change my last name.  It seems ever since then I've had nothing but security problems.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.