Connection with Quickbooks Online Manual Update not working

Pastel9
Contributor
Contributor

My connection with Quickbooks Online manual update is not working.  Is this a PayPal problem or Quickbook problem?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Pastel9
Contributor
Contributor

I spent about an hour with a qb support team member.  There is a system problem that the engineers from PayPal and Quickbooks are having to work together to fix.  It should be done before March 9.  In the meantime I have to manually download a CSV file from Paypal and upload it into Quickbooks.  Uggh.  The CSV file will need to be 1 Date 2 description 3 amount.  Take out all the $ signs.  If it is an expense (fees), there must be a negative sign in front of the amount or it will be a deposit and mess up your account.  Good luck everyone.  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

APRogers
Contributor
Contributor

I've edited the account in Quickbooks, I've checked the credentials. I've changed my PayPal password and tried again. None of this worked, Error 9999 reported. I've removed and tried to readd the account, only to receive Error 101 in Quickbooks.

I believe this is a PayPal issue, changing either the API or security requirements, and Quickbooks have not been notified or done what's necessary to make it work. To be clear, I believe it to be Quickbooks responsibility.

Until the two companies talk and resolve this, I have no automatic PayPal statement feed. These automatic feeds were a key reason in choosing QuickBooks Online as my accounts software and PayPal as my online payment provider.

Login to Me Too

StudioDatura
New Community Member

Having the same problem since last week.  At this point, just like APRogers, I am unable to re-add the account.

What has changed and when will this be resolved?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Pastel9
Contributor
Contributor

I spent about an hour with a qb support team member.  There is a system problem that the engineers from PayPal and Quickbooks are having to work together to fix.  It should be done before March 9.  In the meantime I have to manually download a CSV file from Paypal and upload it into Quickbooks.  Uggh.  The CSV file will need to be 1 Date 2 description 3 amount.  Take out all the $ signs.  If it is an expense (fees), there must be a negative sign in front of the amount or it will be a deposit and mess up your account.  Good luck everyone.  

Login to Me Too

JCJ-JCJ
New Community Member

Same problem here - since 9th Feb.  Reported to QB yesterday 12th - not yet resolved. 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.