Confirming identity issues

RonaldCastro94
Contributor
Contributor

I've added a mobile phone number about 2-3 days ago, which is undoubtedly my own personal phone number, however the issue lies in the family plan holder not having the same name as me. It is my grandmother, and of course when I try to confirm my identity, the system says that phone number is not registered under my name, naturally. So I've run out of all options. I can't send money and I have payments due for online services. Had I not added my phone number, this more than likely would not have happened. Why is my only option for confirming identity being called or sent a text? This is absolutely irritating. If my number can't work with my account, then I want it removed.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your phone must be registered to your name and address, the same as on your PayPal account.

If you need answers to your "why" question you need to phone PayPal customer service and ask.

Login to Me Too

RonaldCastro94
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I understand the requirements now, after this happened. However I can't make those changes to my phone number because I don't have the money outside of Paypal to start a new line with any phone company, hence why I'm on a family plan. I'm going to run into some serious problems if I can't make any payments, so what I'm asking for is to remove my number, or confirm my identity another way. Up until the 12th of April, 11:22PM, I've stopped receiving text alerts to my phone number. The only reason I added my phone number in the first place was due to it being shoved onto me by the website, I do not need it hooked onto my account. I have my primary email address I can confirm my identity with, as I've done in the past. The email has not changed since I created this Paypal, well over 5 years ago.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is a user forum.

If you want help from PayPal immediately you need to make a phone call to PayPal support.  Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page and then phone options near the top.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.