Closing an account and using the same email to open a new Business PayPal acc in a diff country

seowth
Contributor
Contributor

To whom it may concern,

I have been using PayPal for many years now.

I used to reside in the UK and am now in the US. I have had a personal account in both places for awhile now(total of 2 accounts).

I now require a business account in the US and wish to close the UK personal PayPal account that hasn't been in use for a couple of years now.

I want to use the email address of the UK PayPal account as my business account in the US. 

I've been reading some previous posts about this in the community forums and found this post:

/t5/Archive/how-do-I-change-my-country-on-Paypal/td-p/381966/page/7?profile.language=en-gb

On page 7, a moderator named David says:

"If you have moved to a different country, you can either close your current PayPal account so that you can use the same email address to create a new account or you can keep your current account open and create a new account in the country that you are living in at the moment."

Is this correct? Can i close my UK PayPal account and open a new PayPal US business account using that same email that i closed?

Please confirm.

And if not I am not allowed to, what would be the best practice as I would like my PayPal related emails to come to the same mail box.

I've read somewhere that i can add periods to my email when i sign up and i will still get mails to the correct email address as if there were no periods.

For example if my current email address for PayPal account 1 is <removed> can i make my new PayPal business account 2 to be <removed>?

I have tested this by the way, it seems PayPal considers <removed> to be different than <removed> when signing up. I just am unwilling to fully proceed with setting up the account yet without being absolutely sure hence why i'm posting here.

I have also tested if i will receive emails at the original <removed> if I email <removed> and it works - i do receive emails at the first email if i email the 2nd email.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Wishing you wellness,

TH

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.