Checking Paypal Balance but then NOT checking Bank Account

thepencilneck
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday, I bought a few things and everything went fine as usual.

But then late last night (for me, in Spain), I tried to buy something and it failed, and wanted me to link a credit card or a debit card.  I tried to buy something else from another site, same thing.

I tried to buy something on a pre-approved payment plan, and I got the e-mail saying that I'd set up a pre-approved payment plan, but it didn't actually make the first payment.  I've tried several things--using different e-mails, going into options and switching out banks (for some unknown reason, my bank is there twice), using different ways in, etc.--but nothing works.

I've been using paypal now for years and I've never had this problem before.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you encounter a problem, contact customer service.   Do not try to fix it yourself and make all these maneuvers that may be seen as suspicious activity.  Even over using your account suddenly can been seen as suspicious as if someone unauthorized is taking over the account.  Click Contact on bottom of page.  If you get an automated email response that may not resolve your problem, reply to the email by restating your problem to get a customized response.  If you call, press zero respect or say "agent" when you are on the line.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

thepencilneck
Contributor
Contributor

OK.

I figured it out.

I have a bank account set up for both of my paypal accounts, but I don't have credit cards attached.  And the people I was ordering from had the Verified Address flag set (or something similar) and that requires a credit card with the same address as the primary address on the paypal account.

I'm in a kind of an odd situation because although I'm from States, I'm currently in Spain for an extended period.

I added my debit card from my bank in the States to my US account, and everything's good.  Yay!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Hooray!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.