Changing ur primary email .

Ajike
New Community Member
Am closing my primary email address. Is there any way around making my new email address my primary? I want my email notifications going to my new email! Any suggestions?
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Ajike,

Welcome to the community!

To make your new email address primary, click the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of your PayPal account, then click edit next to the email address you want to make primary, then select to make it primary. You will only have this option if you have already added and confirmed the new email address.

I hope this helps!

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

1jerry
Contributor
Contributor

Reply for those (like me) who are searching for how to do this, the above message didn't help.

"then select to make it primary."  What does this mean?  The only option a checkbox "Make this my Primary..."  Perfect, I thought.  But there is no "save" button.

Then the only option is to hit the browser back, which doesn't save, or hit the "change email" button, which shows an error message that the email already exists.

There does not seem to be any way to change the primary email address.

(Tried on current FireFox and Chrome.  Chrome has an X on the edit screen, FireFox does not and has no obvious way to navigate.  How hard is that to test?!?)

Login to Me Too

hawken
Contributor
Contributor

I can confirm that the primary email address isn't updating. Attempting to set an email address as primary simply results in an error message saying that the email address already exists. I have tried removing an email address and re-adding it with the option to make it the new primary, but that didn't work either. It's unbelievable that such a crucial feature wasn't working properly before the new site was rolled out.

Login to Me Too

Shannon_n
Contributor
Contributor

@hawken wrote:

I can confirm that the primary email address isn't updating. Attempting to set an email address as primary simply results in an error message saying that the email address already exists. I have tried removing an email address and re-adding it with the option to make it the new primary, but that didn't work either. It's unbelievable that such a crucial feature wasn't working properly before the new site was rolled out.

Had the same issue with my email address not wanting to be updated to primary.

The problem is you have to release the email use from previous noticfication settings.

Here is what you do.

Click the "Cog" at the top right of the a screen to get to your profile.

Once there click the Notifications tab

You will now see your email address with an arrow next to it.

Click the arrow and it will open a list of the emails you have on file.

Uncheck the one you no longer want to use.

Then you should be able to go back and make the new email address primary.

"Sorry if you've seen this already. I have been posting it around so many poeple see it since this seems to be a big issue"

Login to Me Too

Hilary244
New Community Member

Thank You,  Shannon.  This worked.

Login to Me Too

IainF
New Community Member

Thank you very much Shannon - I was stuck on this and your answer sorted it.

Login to Me Too

Joan411
Contributor
Contributor

This did not work for me I NEED TO CHANGE THE PRIMARY EMAIl and if I check that one, it says I CANNOT CHANGE IT!!! What kind of effed up site is this anyway?????

Login to Me Too

missyb70
New Community Member

You may have already figured this out, but just in case . . . you need to click on Wallet and then at the very bottom click on Classic Site.  Click Update next to Email.  You can change your primary email from there but only if you're in the "Classic Site".

Login to Me Too

hawken
Contributor
Contributor

When I tried using the Classic site before it didn't load the email page.

Anyway, the new site works now for updating the primary email. Guess the bug got fixed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.