Changing email address

Lobsterboy1510
New Community Member
I can't find access to my profile to change my email address. the one I have to use has been deactivated
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

aliasalisa
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. Trying to add two and the confirmation takes me in a loop.

Login to Me Too

hatliyaxgax
New Community Member

to change, add edit edress click on'Wallet" 

then on "Classic Site" at left bottom corner of page ...

worked for me...good luck....

Login to Me Too

evagoblog
Contributor
Contributor

This MAY have worked but possibly PayPal felt it was a leak in the security system and you can no longer do it this way, I had seen an answer previously that said go to cog and features, but now the answer disappeared. I am going to start a new thread and ask Paypal why they make changing the primary email so difficult. One answer said you had to get out of Chrome and use Internet Explorer, but I have a Chrome book and have to hunt someone down with another computer.

Login to Me Too

lyndacatt
New Community Member

It worked perfectly.  Thank you

Login to Me Too

lilewis
Contributor
Contributor

Go to the very top of your Paypal page.  On the upper right-hand side you will see a "bell" icon and your logout button.  You will get to your profile by clicking on the icon between the "bell" icon and the log out button.  The icon you are looking for looks like a "wheel".  This is how you access your profile, change your address, e-mail, etc..

Login to Me Too

dyurcho616

That is correct but paypal will not allow you to edit or deleter your primary email address.  I have been trying for months with no success.

Login to Me Too

dyurcho616

Ok figured it out finally, go to the little gear next to the logoug button.  Once in select notifications, your email address and phone number will appear click on the edit button next to the email address.  On the right side of your screen the email addresses associated with the account will show click on which you want to be your primary.  This worked for me

Login to Me Too

vickimar
Contributor
Contributor

I want to change my primary email close the old acct and start over with a different primary email. I asked yesterday and already forgot how

Login to Me Too

lilewis
Contributor
Contributor

I will go ahead and repost what I wrote earlier.  This is how you get to your profile and e-mail so you can change it:

Go to the very top of your Paypal page.  On the upper right-hand side you will see a "bell" icon and your logout button.  You will get to your profile by clicking on the icon between the "bell" icon and the log out button.  The icon you are looking for looks like a "wheel".  This is how you access your profile, change your address, e-mail, etc..

So once you follow the above instructions.  You will see your e-mail info.  Just select "remove" by your primary e-mail and add a new e-mail by selecting the "+" sign.

Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.