Changing and Reopening Accounts?

FrancisNathan
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! I’m debating on whether or not to close and reopen my account. I’ve been waiting for a name change request for about a month now due to an error during registry (more than three characters), and I’m not sure if it’d be quicker to just close and reopen my account. I know I’m going to have to get customer service to manually relink my debit card and bank account, and I may also need a whole new email for this one (if I unlink an email from my old account before I close it, can I reuse it on a new one?). How long does this process usually take? Should I play the waiting game, or just stick it out for a little longer to see if compliance will get back to me? To elaborate, I’ve sent in my request multiple times (latest being December 4th) after getting nothing back on my last one for over a week (aka longer than the 3-5 business days they promise) just in case it got lost in the system. Calling support has redirected me to contacting the compliance team who have yet to reply to my messages since December 4th, and support on Twitter promised to “escalate” my request Thursday, though I’m not sure how long that’ll take. I’ve exhausted most channels of help, and I’m unsure if this will ever get processed at all.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.