Changing/Closing my Paypal Account

mickeysan
New Community Member

Hello,

I have a Paypal account with a bank account and credit card account from the Philippines, but now I just moved here in Japan and upon opening my Paypal account it seems that it is not possible for me to add my new Japanese bank account details or even change my previous Philippine bank account with my new Japan bank account.

Having said those, is there a way that I can change my bank account details on my Philippine based Paypal account and use my current Japan bank account?

If not, is it possible to close my existing Paypal account and then create a new one using the same e-mail address but the bank and credit card accounts that I will use will be Japan based?

Thank you very much.

Mickey

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_david

Hi guys.

Apologies for the delay in responding.

If you have closed a PayPal account and are considering registering a new PayPal account, you will be able to use the same email address that was used on the closed account.

If an error message is being received advising that the email address cannot be used, we would advise you to try clearing your cache & cookies on the device you are using and then try again.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please let us know and we can look into this further on your behalf.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

diazz12
Contributor
Contributor

hello i want to close my paypal account and open a new with old bank account and depid card is that possible?

or i will need new card and bank account? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.