Changing Bank Accounts

Sonshine7
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I know this has probably been asked a thousand times over, but could somebody please give me detailed directions in how to change my bank account? I have two banks registered and want to switch the primary one. I find the new layout very, very confusing. I tried going to "my wallet" and when I couldn't find out there (there was no place to change banks), I went to summary and still no place to change. Help! I want to bid on something on ebay, but I need to change banks to do it. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Sonshine7
Contributor
Contributor

I need to know as soon as possible. My bid is set to expire in a few min and it looks like I might get it. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Sonshine7
Contributor
Contributor

I finally managed to do it by switching over to the "Classic" site. I still have to say though, that the newer site is, to me extremely confusing!! 

Login to Me Too

ezdecorations
New Community Member

Hi,

I want to change my account no. to  a new account no. with the same bank ,same name and address. the old account no. will not avaiable in the end of this month, My new account no. is  #######,  router no. is the same as #####.

I try so many way to change , but it not work. my cell phone no. is ###### thank you.

Nam Li.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@ezdecorations wrote:

Hi,

I want to change my account no. to  a new account no. with the same bank ,same name and address. the old account no. will not avaiable in the end of this month, My new account no. is  #######,  router no. is the same as #####.

I try so many way to change , but it not work. my cell phone no. is ###### thank you.

Nam Li.

you cannot change the existing account,you make a new account and make it primary and delete the old one next month

Login to Me Too

wardman1945
New Community Member

changed banks paypal wont let me use Ebay ??

Login to Me Too

Troke6
Contributor
Contributor

Well?  How do you do it.  Surely this question has been asked before and there is a standard answer.  Where is it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Troke6,

There is currently no way to set a primary bank account with the new PayPal design.  Our teams are aware of this and it's planned to be added in a future release. 

For now, please go to the Wallet page then click "Classic Site".  The option should be available in the "My Money" section on the classic site in the "Banks" section.

Thanks,

Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

gibbygail
Contributor
Contributor

change from Genisys Credit Union TO Huntington Bank

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gibbygail wrote:

change from Genisys Credit Union TO Huntington Bank

Go to: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view

Click My Money

Under Bank Accounts, click Update

Add your Huntington account with the Link new bank button

You might have to confirm the Huntington account first before you switch it to the Primary account.  Otherwise, switch it to the primary account first.  Delete accounts only after you have confirmed or switched to the account you want to use first.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.