Change primary address

Justinmyers88
New Community Member
Every time I try to update my primary address, it says please try again. I can add addresses but not remove any. Any help? Server issues?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Justinmyers88

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and ''add'' another/new email address > verify it > go back and click on ''update'' and tick the box underneath that says ''make primary'' > then you should get the remove option by the old now longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kris_will1947
New Community Member

@Justinmyers88 - same thing is happening to me (assuming you mean mailing address since you didn't specify email). Every time I try to update my primary mailing address or set a different address as primary it just tells me to try again.

Login to Me Too

jjstiff

I was having the same difficulty. Try:

First, create your current address one more time, this time mark it as primary during creation.

Then, go through all of your cards to make sure they link to you current addess (now marked as primary).

Finally, you should be able to delete your old addresses.

See also: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Settings/Can-t-update-address-in-profile/m-p/1476397/highl...

Does this help?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.