Change preferred shipping address

islandee
Contributor
Contributor

I need to change only the ZIP code on my preferred shipping address. I don't find an edit function for it. How do I do it?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@islandee

Here's how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
  3. Click UPDATE in the Address section.
  4. Enter your changes and click Change Address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

islandee
Contributor
Contributor

Okay. Done, but with clarification.

The problem is that the shipping address that was in error, and which appeared as the default in the order process, has never displayed in the "Settings" profile. So I couldn't correct it. It still doesn't appear. When I clicked the "Edit" key on the displayed payment address, all I got was just that, the payment address, not what Paypal showed during the order process as my default shipping address. So I clicked the "+" and added the corrected shipping address. Now I assume that when I next order via Paypal, two shipping addresses will appear, one of which I have no control over, and which I should be careful not to select.

Anyway, thank you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@islandee

I can only point you in the right direction, anything more you need to contact paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

anthonyjw1
New Community Member

It seems that there may be a clarity issue with the continued questions on how to access ones "Preferred Shipping Address".  

I would like to ask a simple question in the hope that someone can help answer.  There seems to be several people with the same problem, accessing the preferred shipping address through their PayPal account.  To be clear to anyone answering the question, the preferred shipping address is NOT the same as the billing address that IS accessible from the PayPal account in the settings section.  So, to be clear, how does one access the preferred shipping address and or update and change the one on file with PayPal.  

Thank you ion advance for any help.

Login to Me Too

jenstampsalot
New Community Member

I have the exact same problem.  The "preferred" shipping address that appears when I'm checking out online has the wrong zip code, but when I check my settings in PayPal this wrong address doesn't appear anywhere.  I'd like to know where that address is coming from!

Login to Me Too

Bernief56
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. The shipping address is to the wrong state in Australia. Have attempted to update the address in Manage all addresses and they have the correct state and postcode! Yet orders put the incorrect state on the shopping address.
Login to Me Too

slimmeroo
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I JUST had a weird conflict with a seller because paypal auto-filled my shipping address at checkout, but the address was outdated so the package went to the wrong place. I went to change my shipping address so that this wouldn't happen again, but I can't find anything but a way to change my billing address, which is different.

Login to Me Too

Roddo1
New Community Member

Paypal's database does not seem to include the preferred shipping address - it is usually in the merchant's database.  So when I had this issue with Ebay I could not update the shipping address in Paypal but when I went to my Ebay preferences, it was really easy to make the change there.  

Login to Me Too

flyingkites

PayPal seems to remember every shipping address you have ever used.

I think there was a time when you could remove them but under the new interface there is no function where you can do that.

To explain, you can order an item and pay via PayPal that you ship to a friend.  That friend's address is then added to your list of possible shipping addresses.  Yet it does not show up under your account addresses. 

There does not seem to be a function to remove unwanted shipping addresses any more.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.