Change paypal owner name

GeorgePap
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My name is 'George' and the name of bank account owner is 'Georgios'. This is because in Greek language the name 'George'  is pronounced as 'Georgios' and I didn't pay attention that the names must be the same. The last name is the same. Will I have problem with linking my bank account?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you are linking bank account, PayPal will send 2 small deposits in to your bank account.  You put those 2 amounts in the bank account in your PayPal Wallet.

If you are linking a credit card or bank debit card, PayPal will make a test charge on your card with the 4-digit code. 

Your code will look like this in the item description section of your statement:

PayPal*1234 CODE or PP*1234 CODE

You put the 4 numbers next to the*

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you can try linking and see what happens.

Login to Me Too

GeorgePap
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I did and waiting to see.

I will come back with a new post about what happened.

Login to Me Too

GeorgePap
Contributor
Contributor

Allright, the transaction appeared at my bank account.

>> Where is the 4-digit code? Is it after some specific words or letters? It has 'PP' but after that there are letters and numbers, NOT numbers.

>> Where I put the 4-digit code? Should I wait for an e-mail from Paypal?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you are linking bank account, PayPal will send 2 small deposits in to your bank account.  You put those 2 amounts in the bank account in your PayPal Wallet.

If you are linking a credit card or bank debit card, PayPal will make a test charge on your card with the 4-digit code. 

Your code will look like this in the item description section of your statement:

PayPal*1234 CODE or PP*1234 CODE

You put the 4 numbers next to the*

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You put the 4 number code in the Wallet page after clicking the card you are confirming.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.