Change mailing address

timothyleary
Contributor
Contributor

Howdy:

Have already read through "change mailing address" posts and none help including phone support. I have tried using

support's only suggestion nteenth times and always get an error message. quote "It looks like your city, state, and ZIP code didn't match. Check them and try again." I have checked and the information I entered is right. This is getting old and I can't find a phone number to talk to a human. System-> Firefox 52.2, Debian 9.0, linux-image-4.9.0-3-amd64. Anyone have any ideas?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Click on Help & Contact at the bottom of the page and then go on to phone options on the next page.

Login to Me Too

timothyleary
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply but your instructions take me to a page I've already been several times.

My problem is the reply I get every time I try to change my mailing address. I am getting this

error message every time I click the "change" button.

"It looks like your city, state, and ZIP code didn't match. Check them and try again."

My input to that form is right, all twenty-something tries.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I've seen this error posted a couple times already and so far no one has taken the effort to phone PayPal support.

If you phone support you could post back here with the information.

Login to Me Too

timothyleary
Contributor
Contributor

Called phone support. No human, just computer software with preset instructions that say the same thing as here. Is it possible to talk to

a human at Paypal?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you use the one-time passcode?

Did you specifically ask for an agent or operator?

Login to Me Too

timothyleary
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

Did you use the one-time passcode?

Yes

Did you specifically ask for an agent or operator?

Didn't get the chance to ask anything except my problem and it was not a human asking.

Sick of messing with it tonight. Between Paypal and the V.A., I spent the whole day not getting one single thing accomplished. 

Better luck tomorrow Tim.

I do appreciate your time and if I do find a solution, I will post it here.

Login to Me Too

timothyleary
Contributor
Contributor

Finally found how to resolve the problem. After entering my onetime passcode, I waited till I had the option to see the main menu. Then I had the chance to speak to a real human. I don't know for sure but, I'm seeing a bunch more problems on the net, and most because I'm not using the windoze operating system. Kinda like flash. When everyone depended on it, they quit updating the version for anyone using the Linux kernel. The work around is for webmasters to use HTML5. That way, flash will go away for good and people like me can enjoy the same web as micro$haft users.  Gates has always hated any open source software and had no problem letting people know he does. I think he is using some of that money to bribe companies like Adobe and others.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

instead of trying to change an existing address,can you add a new address and make it primary,then delete the old one

Login to Me Too

timothyleary
Contributor
Contributor

Tried that both ways. I now have it almost fixed. Paypal keeps wanting to send my orders to the old address but I do have the new one listed so I can switch but it's still a pain in the **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.