Casual seller

LuxuryGoodsRaff
Contributor
Contributor
So I'm in a bit of a situation here. Me and my friend recently set up a instagram page where we raffle off luxury items and we take payments using paypal goods and services as it is the safe way for our buyers. We wouldn't class ourselves as "running a business" or any of that as we don't really make much profit off anything we set it up as a bit of fun and as a project. But anyway we have set up a personal account and we use the name on the PayPal as luxurygoodsraffle as that is our name on Instagram and because we have had over 1800 lodged in to our paypal in total we are now getting emails from PayPal stating we need to upload documents eggs a passport etc. Obviously no official documents I have would have LuxuryGoodsRaffle on it so do we have to change the name to my name for example? Is there any way of keeping it the way it is so our customers know that they aren't just sending it to some random name. We like to keep it a bit more official having the instagram name the same as the paypal to make things easier. We have thought about upgrading to business but like I said earlier we aren't a business. Class it as casual sellers if anything. Help much appreciated on how we can keep the name the same as everytime money is lodged we get that same email to upload documents. I already uploaded my personal passport but probably not enough. Thanks in advance for any help!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

A PayPal account is a personal account.  That means it needs a real person's name (one person) and that real person's SS#.

So, start by your or your friend setting up a PayPal account correctly.

If you want to have a business account you can use your personal name as your business name until you get a registered business name.

If you already opened a personal account with a fake person's name then you will have problems.

Login to Me Too

LuxuryGoodsRaff
Contributor
Contributor
What do you recommend we do then? Upgrade to a business account? Can we use the "business name" then if we are not registered or do we have to go through all that.. Is there anyway it can be under my name but then a username or something for example would be LuxuryGoodsRaffle
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.