Cant link bank account

plcpo
New Community Member

Hi I am having trouble linking my bank account. I keep getting "An unknown service error occurred." Please help. Thanks 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

BiotechSurplus
Contributor
Contributor

Me too!!  So frustrating!  Paypal support (at least by email) was worthless. Please update this if you discover a solution and I'll do the same. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Gothgirl221
New Community Member

Same here and its gettin irritating, I dont have another paypal account anymore as I deleted and had it closed YEARS ago.

Login to Me Too

Mark0078
New Community Member

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same issue.

Login to Me Too

Feistyscribe
New Community Member

Same issue here!  Just posted about it in fact.  Couldn't get an answer from the email system either.  It's been a couple of days.

Login to Me Too

MessieBessie
Contributor
Contributor

Try this link.  A rep sent it to me in a email.  I hope it helps.  IF you have a PrePaid bank (it must be a bank where you can walk in and talk to a teller)  IT won't work.  You can NOT add prepaid banks to the system anymore.  IF you bank might be on an older PayPal account it  won't let you add it until the old account is closed.  IF you have it on an account that is limited you have to have the limitation removed first.  IF a spouse/child/familymember/friend  has it on their account  you can't add it to your until you have them take off their accounts.  IF its an X's account or you can't get up with that person anymore,  Get your bank to issue a new account number or have a rep transfer you to the Limitations dept.

http://www.paypal.com/bankaccount

Login to Me Too

Dmartinizer
New Community Member

Getting same error.

For the past two years my Green Dot debit card was linked as a bank and they do not have any walk in banks. I was allowed to transfer as well as add money straight from the bank account I had.

As of last month I decided to switch over to a Paypal Prepaid debit card so I could get instant transfers straight to my debit card. But I still need to link this bank account as I get paid from a company that is in Australia and the money is sent in Australian currency which does not show up on instant transfers. The only way to get that money is to send it to my bank account.

Now you would think that since this is a paypal debit card and a paypal bank account (From The Bankcorp Bank) that you would be able to link this account. Its all connected to Paypal. But you would also think that when you get paid from a company in Australia, that Paypal would automatically convert the funds from Australian dollars to American dollars, but they dont. So I have two amounts of currency on my paypal account and I can only use one of them (The American Money). 

I called customer service and the lady manually entered in the bank account for me and it showed up onto my account but once I transfered money and waited the three days it was finally denied and then the bank acount was automatically deleted from my account.

If I would have known all this shananigans was going to happen, I would have just stayed with green dot. I bet now if I tried to link my Green Dot bank account bank into paypal, it probably will not work....lol

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.