Cannot remove expired credit cars. Nothing happens

camarahobbies
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to remove old expired credit cards from my Paypal account. When i hit the "Remove card" option a progress indicator just spins and nothing happens. I have tried different web browsers and still nothing happens.

The progress indicator just spins and spins.

No error on my end. This is purely a PayPal website failure. Is there a work around or does paypal feel they need to hold these old account numbers hostage for some reason?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

will you be adding a new card,if so,then add it and make it primary,then this old card will become secondary and you can remove it later.

Paypal will want to hold on to cards if they have been used recently in case there are problems,but what you describe is more a technical problem,may be your ISP provider 's fault or your browser.

I am on AOL,sometimes I have to go to Mozilla firebox to complete my transactions. 

Login to Me Too

CindyAzuka
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying for well over a year to remove an inactive credit card from my Paypal wallet.  I had no trouble adding a new card, but deleting the old one has proved to be IMPOSSIBLE.    I finally wrote to Paypal on December 15, and got a nice response with the standard advice..... that doesn't work.   I'm attaching an image of what I get when I do try.

There seems to be no way to actually remove a credit card.  Just ways to make me THINK I can do it.  I have done this using Mozilla Firefox as my browser.  Is there a browser that I should try that actually may make a difference?

Thanks

PS - Although there is a spot that says 'Attachments' it appears there is no way to actually attach anything.  Sorry.

Login to Me Too

CindyAzuka
Contributor
Contributor

Success!

All I had to do was to CALL paypal wait about 10 minutes to talk to a live person and confirm I was me and they removed it for me.

What a pain!  But it's now gone.

Yay!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just a couple days ago I successfullly removed a card.  I also added a card.

I couldn't do it with Chrome, but it worked fine with FireFox (Windows 10).

Login to Me Too

CindyAzuka
Contributor
Contributor

I tried Chrome with no success, and also Firefox - Windows 10 with no success.  I'm glad it worked for you though.  I've been trying to get that defunct card off my account for a year or two.  It took a call to customer support and jumping through some hoops.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.