Cannot provide proof of adress

patrickmcc
Contributor
Contributor

I have used paypal before and have had no issues until recently. I added funds to my account to purchase a new computer only to find that my account had now been limited. Following the appropriate steps I realised due to my situation, I cannot provide any of the listed proof of address documentation. I tried to use a bank statement as it is the only form of documentation that has my current address and name but it was rejected. I emailed PayPal but they have been less then helpfull only saying that a bank statement isn't valid and re-stating the documents I must submit, completetly IGRNOING the actual problem that I cannot submit those documents. So now almost all my savings are frozen in this account and I cannot do anything about it. Is there any way to resolve this.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal now has very tight security controls.  You must submit the required documents to confirm your identity as reqeusted by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

patrickmcc
Contributor
Contributor

So the money I've been saving all year to buy a computer is untouchable. Great. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

can you ask them to send you a check,but then it will go to the old address you have.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.