Cannot confirm credit card

xtianjames
Contributor
Contributor

I just moved to the UAE and I have an old paypal account that I use for years to receive and pay merchants with the balance I received. Since there is no option to change the country in the paypal account, I decided to create a new account in the new country I'm residing. Everything is ok, new account created and verified. Now, since I just received a transfer on my old paypal account, I need to transfer the balance on the old account to my new account. But then, I just found out that you can no longer send balance from one paypal account to another without your account being verified. So I tried verifying the old account but then I receive the message that my account was limited (reason was unusual activity) and I have to change my password, security question and confirm my card. I did everything, but hit a hurdle at the confirming of the credit card. I know that the card was successfully added since it's appearing as my primary card on myprofile but I never received the code (btw my card was charged). When I try to hit confirm card option it directs me to a login page saying that I needed to be logged in to proceed but whenever I try to log in on this page, nothing happens.

I tried contacting paypal via email but I always get the automated reply. This is starting to get frustrating as details I have provided on my new account and my old account are identical (except for the country and address), card details also show what is provided on my account and stil it will not allow me to verify my account. My case ID is below, just in case someone from paypal reads this.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-003-097-329-601.)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately as this is a member to member help group, we cannot resolve issues such as this. You have to contact customer support direct.  Here's two other options you can try:

Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.