Cannot add bank and withdraw after being limited for 180 days and funds are eligible for withdrawal.

adtz52
Contributor
Contributor

Hello IcyTail ,

Your PayPal funds are now eligible for withdrawal.

To withdraw funds from your account, please log in to PayPal.
As a reminder, access to your account will remain limited until you perform the steps required to lift the limitation.

While access to your account is limited, you may:
* place logos into your auction listings or on your website
* update your account information
* withdraw funds from your account

You may not:
* send or request money
* receive payments
* add funds to your account
* close your account

Thank you for using PayPal.

Sincerely,
The PayPal Team

Got that email after I passed the 180 days of being limited and supposed to have an ability to withdraw my funds (As you can read I got an email that said "Your PayPal funds are now eligible for withdrawal.") and got another email instructing me to add a bank account for withdrawal but I can't. It's said that "We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date.” Since I haven't add my bank account before it was limited and now I have no method to withdraw at all. I got a card attached for verification but I lost the card and blocked it and now PayPal won't even let me add my bank account so I can't withdraw my funds which is a lot. At least let us add our bank account to withdraw after being limited (got limited for a lame reason, by changing my ISP *smh*). I emailed PayPal and getting replied that said something like "We appreciate your interest in PayPal; however, our decision to leave your account in a permanent limitation status is final. Due to the potential risk of chargebacks and other risks of funds reversals, your balance will be held 180 days from the date of the limitation. At that time, any remaining funds will be available for withdrawal." But I already passed 180 days of being limited. Do they even read my emails before replying? I'm sick of replying each time for more than 2 weeks now and bolding every important sentences doesn't help them read at all. And my issue haven't even got fixed.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@adtz52

Your best bet is to phone them and see if you can sort it OR go to withdraw funds and request a cheque be sent to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SpuddyLFC
Contributor
Contributor
How do you request a check ?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Click on the withdraw funds option.

Login to Me Too

SpuddyLFC
Contributor
Contributor
Just says add bank account
Login to Me Too

adtz52
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

Click on the withdraw funds option.

There is no such an option.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Well, then you'll need to fix your accunt first by adding the requested bank account.

What other information did PayPal require to fix your account?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Call customer service for assistance with adding bank account if you do not see "Transfer to your bank" link or similar under the PayPal Balance.  They may need to you verify your identity in the process.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Koalie
Contributor
Contributor

@adtz52 wrote:

Hello IcyTail ,

Your PayPal funds are now eligible for withdrawal.

To withdraw funds from your account, please log in to PayPal.
As a reminder, access to your account will remain limited until you perform the steps required to lift the limitation.

While access to your account is limited, you may:
* place logos into your auction listings or on your website
* update your account information
* withdraw funds from your account

You may not:
* send or request money
* receive payments
* add funds to your account
* close your account

Thank you for using PayPal.

Sincerely,
The PayPal Team

Got that email after I passed the 180 days of being limited and supposed to have an ability to withdraw my funds (As you can read I got an email that said "Your PayPal funds are now eligible for withdrawal.") and got another email instructing me to add a bank account for withdrawal but I can't. It's said that "We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date.” Since I haven't add my bank account before it was limited and now I have no method to withdraw at all. I got a card attached for verification but I lost the card and blocked it and now PayPal won't even let me add my bank account so I can't withdraw my funds which is a lot. At least let us add our bank account to withdraw after being limited (got limited for a lame reason, by changing my ISP *smh*). I emailed PayPal and getting replied that said something like "We appreciate your interest in PayPal; however, our decision to leave your account in a permanent limitation status is final. Due to the potential risk of chargebacks and other risks of funds reversals, your balance will be held 180 days from the date of the limitation. At that time, any remaining funds will be available for withdrawal." But I already passed 180 days of being limited. Do they even read my emails before replying? I'm sick of replying each time for more than 2 weeks now and bolding every important sentences doesn't help them read at all. And my issue haven't even got fixed.

Did you ever figure this out? I am going thru the EXACT same thing, Ive been waiting since july 13 2015 to get them to release the 458.07 in my account and finally got the email and cant change any of my info to get it to my NOW bank account!!! What a scam!!  Let me know if you have had any luck!

thanks

N

Login to Me Too

arch9

Do you already have a solution for this? i have a same issue right now

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.