Cannot Verify Bank Account/Phone Number Problem

SeanFerguson
New Community Member

I am trying to connect my Chase Savings account so I can withdraw money from sales on eBay. I enter in my routing and account number, select savings, and enter them. Paypal then tells me my account couldn't be verified and that I need to use a phone to verify the account. I try doing this with my number, but paypal says that it's not registered in my name (even though it is. Both the account name and the name attached to my phone is the same). I also tried using my girlfiend's number since we're sharing this account linked to our eBay. For her it just skips past and says it cannot verify, then removes that option (Either call or text).

Any help? I've tried everything but there is nothing that works and gets me past.

Thanks,

Sean

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately as this is a member to member help group, we cannot resolve issues such as this. You have to contact customer support direct, this can be done via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Note, that you can run into issues with savings accounts as they have different rules as compared to regular bank accounts.  For example, some banks will only allow x amount of transactions each month.  Just something you may want to look into with your bank.

Login to Me Too

jawila
New Community Member

I know this is an old thread, but I am having the exact same issue.  I contacted paypal and they are just giving me the runaround:

PayPal Email

Dear James Larsen,

I apologize if our first response did not answer your question. Please allow me to clarify the situation.

It appears that the security system has been triggered and this cause another level of validation. However, on our records it seems that the phone number is unable to complete the validation because the network provider is blocking our messages. 

I've made some adjustment in your account so you could login as usual. Please try to clear your cache and cookies first before logging in to the account again.  

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
Twinkle Kathlyn Pearl
PayPal Consumer Support
PayPal, an eBay Company

This didn't do anything to resolve the problem of confirmation and verification.  What was the point?  The only thing they said that had anything to do with my query was what I already knew: their calls/texts are not coming through!

I contacted my phone company (safelink), and they are adamant that they don't do blocking.  Outside of this they are clueless.

I suppose I should just give up on Paypal.  If they don't care enough about their customers to resolve these issues than they must not care for my business.  The simple truth.

Login to Me Too

temp201809261o
New Community Member

Have a simular issue and can't get anywhere with it after customer support has attempted and failed to resolve.

My issue is as follows:

I am trying to link a new Bank account after closing my primary account associated to my paypal account. I go through the process to link my new account (either by logging in to my bank through paypal or manually entering in the account details from the paypal site) and everytime I am prompted to verify via text or automated call. Sure, no problem right... Well not in my case. Each time I choose the drop down it has no number for me to select and I am directed to enter in a new registered number. Ok, simple there is only one number associated to my account however, evertime I try and add it I receive an error telling my the number is not registerd to my paypal account and to "please try again later". When customer support got involved they could see the error but though it was a site specific issue and direct me to a new link to try and add the account details. Well, guess what... The link takes me to the same place and I go through the process all over again. Very frustrating. The only satisfaction I have had through this mess is the survey that was sent out after trying to resolve the problem with customer support. Hopefully, that will land infornt of someone at paypal who cares about customer satisfaction numbers and can help me resolve this issue.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.