Cannot Change Primary Email

dcgrace
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Need your help.  Sure that I'm not alone.

I am unable to change my primary email.  

I go to my Profile Settings, click "Update" primary email.  This takes me to a page that reads:

1. Edit your email"

2. "This is your primary email.  Sorry, you can't edit it."

Also, the "Change Email" button is inoperative.

This is just weird and ridiculous that I can't change my emai?

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Smlpaws99
New Community Member

I've followed all the steps...all it says is it's unable to process my request? I'm not even able to add an email? What is going on? I just want to be able to get info from paypal on my current email.

Can you help?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Try the classic profile.  Log on first and go to this page: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view

Click Update on the right, next to email section.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jschaner
New Community Member

Thanks SO much for the link!  It worked to change my primary email!  Jan

Login to Me Too

It's really amazing to me that PayPal made this so hard.  Finally I was able to change my primary email by logging into my account, going to the profile settings, clicking edit on the new email address I had entered and confirmed previously, and suddenly there was a box to click to make it my primary email.  Life would be so much easier if they would just explain it over the phone.

Login to Me Too

Hawkgear
New Community Member
Mine says it's already assigned to another. How is that possible?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Hawkgear

No idea.  You are the only one with information about your email address and where you use it.  You'll need to do some research about your own email address.

Login to Me Too

photomlw
New Community Member

Here is what worked for me. 1) you must have at least to email addresses 2) in settings click "update" on the email you wish to make primary 3)you should see a check box to make that address the primary click on that and it should do the trick

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.