Cannot Change Primary Email

dcgrace
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Need your help.  Sure that I'm not alone.

I am unable to change my primary email.  

I go to my Profile Settings, click "Update" primary email.  This takes me to a page that reads:

1. Edit your email"

2. "This is your primary email.  Sorry, you can't edit it."

Also, the "Change Email" button is inoperative.

This is just weird and ridiculous that I can't change my emai?

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dcgrace

Add the new email address (you can have up to 8 email addresses on the 1 paypal account).

Then make that one primary.

Then remove the old one or just leave it there if you want to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

dcgrace
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much!

I didn't notice the "+" sign.   

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dcgrace

Add the new email address (you can have up to 8 email addresses on the 1 paypal account).

Then make that one primary.

Then remove the old one or just leave it there if you want to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

dcgrace
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much!

I didn't notice the "+" sign.   

Login to Me Too

LoveINCSB
Contributor
Contributor

I've followed all of the steps - added a new email. Then tried to delete the old one. It doesn't work. I just get a message that I can't dleet my primary email. Also there's no way to make the new email PRIMARY. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@LoveINCSB

Is the new one verified?

Login to Me Too

_rach1
I added a new email, I clicked make this my primary email, and I tried to delete my old email address. However, it will not allow me to delete my old one saying that the primary email address cannot be changed . I have followed directions directly from someone I called and I've checked to make sure I'm doing it right and I am but it simply will not allow me to delete my unusable email address and I'm afraid someone else might have my old email address now and maybe getting my receipts. Help!
Login to Me Too

RevEileen
New Community Member

I entered a new email address, but the system will not allow me to make the new address primary.  I have tried several times, unsuccessfully.  Help!

Login to Me Too

tsohier

Your system will not allow me to choose my new email address as primary.  In fact, it continues to show up as "unconfirmed," even though I've confirmed it several times.

Login to Me Too

JohnC2
New Community Member

Hello,

i have the same issue - I have added new email addresses and want to make one of these addresses primary and to remove my existing primary email address.

if I try to edit or delete the existing primary address I get the message that I cannot do this as it is my primary address.

if I edit another address and try to make it primary, I have a blue tab saying change email - clicking on this says that I already have registered this email address.

Result is that I now have numerous emails addresses linked but my primary is still one that I do not want and may no longer have access to in the future.

any help appreciated.

John

Login to Me Too

dcgrace
Contributor
Contributor

Hii John,

Thanks for responding.

I only had one email in my account, but I wanted to add another email to make that one the primary email.

This is how you do it:.

-Go to Profile

-Go to Profile and Settings

-Go to Update

-Click the plus sign in the upper right-hand corner to add a new email.  

Now you can select which email to be your primary email.  

Peace.  The best in Christ to you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.