Can't update address in profile

dlien
New Community Member

Paypal- why is your site so crappy? Two days ago I tried to do something in the resolution center, the page wouldn't load and kept telling me "something was wrong". Today I want to update my shipping address in my profile, and it won't let me do it again. I just want to remove the really old address that's set as "primary" on my profile. It kept saying "please try again". Why won't it let me remove it? SO ANNOYING. Can you guys pls hire a better dev team?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Isamu966
New Community Member

I just had this issue.  I added my new address.  After the fact I tried to set it as primary but received the error.  I then added the new address again with adding periods after abbreviations. This time I also checked the box to make it primary, instead of trying to make it primary after adding it, and it worked.  

Login to Me Too

T_Seatt
Contributor
Contributor

It won't let you because that address is on your creditcard.  It's really annoying that they don't simply TELL you this, just "try again".  Go update creditcard address then come back and and do your shipping address updates.

Login to Me Too

brads
Contributor
Contributor

No. not necessarily, T_Seatt. While that WILL happen if the address you are trying to change is the billing address of your card, it is not the only thing that will cause it. I have been trying to update my mailing address off and on for a month and keep getting the same "please try again" every time. And the address I am changing is NOT the one PP has linked to my card. The address I am trying to update to is what they have on file for me as my card billing address. Yet I STILL can't change my primary mailing address.

You'd think that a company making the obscene amounts of money that Paypal does would be able to hire someone who is competent enough to fix this.

Login to Me Too

jphouck
New Community Member

My address has been updated with my banks & credit cards for months.  PayPal will not let me set it to Primary.  I'm not able to remove the two old addresses it has.

It's a frustrating experience for what should be a simple process.  Poor development for an operation of PayPal's size.

Login to Me Too

brads
Contributor
Contributor

After more than a month (or three) of trying I finally managed to remove my obsolete address and change my primary address to the correct one. But it was no thanks to Paypal's garbage website. In the end I finally called their customer service number and waded through the useless canned recordings until I hit a live person. Even then it took somewhere around 20 minutes to get it done.

So don't waste your time with the website, it simply doesn't work. Call them at https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call instead and keep pressing zero until you hit a customer service rep.

Login to Me Too

jjstiff

I was having what I think was the same issue.

I had three addresses in my book, I wanted to set my current address as my primary and delete the other two address.

My old address (two address ago) was somehow still set as my primary address.

My previous address (one address ago) was linked to one of my cards.

My current address was not set as my primary.

When I try to set my current address as my primary, I get the 'cryptic' message: "Please try again."

When I try to remove either of my old addresses, I also get the 'cryptic' message: "Please try again."

What I did: Create a new address (using the same information as my current address) and select to make it my primary address during the creation screen. To my surprise, my current address was now set as my primary address and my old address (two addresses ago) was not primary anymore. Yea!

Now, I tried to delete my previous address. Again, the 'cryptic' message: "Please try again.' I found that this was still the address linked by one of my cards. I changed the address on that card to my current address. Finally, I was able to delete both my previous address and my old address.

Gosh. I totally agree with the other commenters: Paypal, you've got to up your UI so that the reason is conveyed rather than just "Please try again." Better, yet the UI should assist with the proper sequence: If I am setting my primary address, then most likely I will need to update all of my cards as well.. and I may as well get rid of my old addresses, right?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.