Can't transfer money to bank, been on hold for 5 hours

Kenwood
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm trying transfer money from my paypal account to my bank account. I tried to do it last night but it said "Right now, we’re not able to complete this transaction. Please try again later". Well I've waited almost 24 hours and I still can't transfer my money to my  bank account. The money is "available" in my wallet and not being held. My debit card was successfully added a couple days ago. I've been put on hold with paypal for 5 hours now with no hopes of anyone ever picking up the phone. What is going on?! Why is paypal making it so difficult to access my funds?? Are they that greedy?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Kenwood
Contributor
Contributor

Hello??? STILL ON HOLD!!  Help PAYPAL?!

Login to Me Too

Kenwood
Contributor
Contributor

I guess paypal staff doesn't even look at the help section. What's the point of even having this?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is a member to member forum,Paypal rep does pop in sometimes/

not all debit cards are in the Paypal network and Paypal sometimes have problems ,if you have another debit card,try it or use the ACH bank transfer.or ask for a check,

Paypal is fun and nifty,but I would not plan my finance  around it

Login to Me Too

JAYREAL
Contributor
Contributor

You and @DPCreations must work for pay pal I see you all everywhere defending this madness by pay pal. 

Login to Me Too

neteru
New Community Member

I have this same issue today, I have a few thousand in my PayPal from Ebay sells, I usually transfer without issue, now PayPal is holding a $200 transfer saying for "security reasons". All was fine until I setup this instant transfer they've promoted to me for the last few weeks. Now they tagged and holding my $ for a full day. WTF is this? Not legal to hold peoples money.

Login to Me Too

ChelleO
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is fun and nifty? I think not. Your a bunch of crooks and liars. You destroy peoples lives when holding our money for 72 hours, for no legitimate reason. Not once but every single time. We need our money when we transfer it. Not 5 to 8 days later! Another class action lawsuit is coming your way again. Didn't learn the last time that you can't mess with people's lives.
Login to Me Too

Sampat1488
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to complete a “instant” transfer of my funds to my debit card for a .25 fee this morning. PayPal is holding it now for a security review even though the debit card is the same one I’ve had on file for months and months. They’ve taken their fee for payment processing through Ebay as soon as the buyer sent the payment, but don’t want to let go of my money! Oh, customer service has a wait time of 2-3 hours. Never again!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.