Can't transfer; Can't add new phone number

JamesDoby
New Community Member

I recently updated my phone number after not using Paypal for a while. I'm trying to make a transfer to my bank account and when I try to it asks me to select a phone number. The drop down menu does not show the new phone number I submitted. It does give me the option to add a new phone number but when I try to add it, it claims the number isn't in my name. I am on a shared plan, and not the original phone account holder but the phone IS under my name. Why is this happening? Why do I have to jump through all these hoops?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why, because the phone number is not in your name.  PayPal uses phone phone numbers for identification and the phone number needs to be in your name and address.

Apparently there are some other identification issues with PayPal.  Do you have an unused phone number as part of your PayPal account?

You could phone PayPal customer service for help, but you will need to  provide sufficient details for identification purposes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.