Can't remove debit card due to "pending transaction"

hops_aLot
New Community Member

I have been trying to remove a debit card from my account for almost a year now. While at the same time trying to close the account (which has not been used in nearly 2 years). Yet of course every time I think it's ok to close it on the bank's end, something I've purchased through PayPal is paid for using this empty account, causing issues on every end (DESPITE the fact this card isn't primary, or even secondary). I use PayPal frequently but on occasion I am able to let the account sit inactive for weeks, and every time I go back to remove this account I get the same message "Account can't be removed due to pending transaction". I have contacted PayPal several times via the Message Center (we live overseas, and I've struggled able to call) and they have not once responded to my request to remove this account. Has anyone else had similar issues, any suggestions? My next step is to discontinue using PayPal. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hops_aLot

When you pay for an item it shows you WHERE the funds will be debited from before you click submit to pay.

So if it shows the old card then click on ''change'' during the payment process and select another source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

akgyrl
New Community Member

I currently have this issue. How do we remove the card when it won't allow? I do not have any pending transactions on this card! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.