Can't remove canceled debit card

jeremygb
Contributor
Contributor

I have a debit card attached to my account that has been canceled due to my bank issuing me a new card number. When I try to remove this card from my paypal wallet I get an error saying I can't remove it because there are pending transactions. I don't know of any such transactions nor can I find any in my transation history.  Another problem that may be releated is this was part of my account before the new website design was in effect so I didn't have the 3 digit security code that is on the back of the card entered. I can't do anything with this card in my Paypal wallet because there is no 3 digit code. I of course destroyed the card when my bank issued me a new one. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You made need to phone PayPal customer service for help.

Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page for options.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

try adding the new one and make it primary,may be then you can remove the old card,or just leave it there  

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you are a seller accepting Paypal payments,your buyer can file dispute in 180 days,could this be a reason why you have pending transactions?meaning you could get a chargeback or dispute in 180 days

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Unless the new card you are getting has a new card number, just update the expiration number and add 3-digit code from back of card instead of removing it.  Or you can try removing it by using this profile settings page, gotta go old school: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.