Can't remove bank account

uberchar
Contributor
Contributor

All my payments have been processed by my bank already, yet I still can't remove my bank account.

The error im receiving is this:

You cannot remove this bank account because it currently has a pending transaction. This transaction may take up to 6-8 days to complete, at which time you will be able to remove the bank account. Please try again after the transaction has been completed.

This is the 3rd week.

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need to speak with customer support.  Unfortunately issues like this can't be fixed thru the forum as no one here has access to user information.

Login to Me Too

uberchar
Contributor
Contributor

Just tried it they wouldn't do it

Login to Me Too

removebank
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this same issue and have tried numerous times over the last 3 weeks and submitted a help request to PayPal a week ago. This is serious and really needs to be addressed.

Whether the forum is where it's handled or not, this needs to be brought up or we'll probably have to close our actual bank accounts... 

Login to Me Too

removebank
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got the bank account removed and I have to say that when I followed the instructions in the automated reply that I got from one of my original requests, it helped.

It said to reply to the email if the automated response with it's standard solutions didn't work.

I didn't do that, so I don't think it got to a human until I finally did. They had it fixed in less than a day after I did that.

So I have to apologize for not slowing down and reading.

Login to Me Too

grossman515
New Community Member

Wait tell me how I cant see anything allowing me to delete

Login to Me Too

richardson2
New Community Member

try to close your account

Login to Me Too

JJ_OO

Same with other banks, like Wells Fargo,

it is the headquarter's right to freeze your account's specific functionality,

and suck your blood gradually.

I lost lots of money by their traps.

Login to Me Too

Stepperheimer
Contributor
Contributor

I've call paypal 3 times and they can't fix this problem either.  Paypla has gotten to big to deal with.

Login to Me Too

Qikstart
New Community Member

I was not able to remove my bank account using the online tools - it said there was a pending transaction even though I knew all of mine had been resolved by the bank. I called Customer Service; the automated menu tried to walk me through their website interface but I just said "customer service", got an agent on the phone, and he had it removed with no issues within 2min. Very easy, so my advice is to call them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.