Can't make transaction at dollar general

Apostle2015
New Community Member
I went to try to make a transaction at dollar general as usual using my phone number but it asked for a code instead. Where do I find this?
Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

PayPal_Susie
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi lizziexoxo -

This is a good question. You may generate the code prior, however, the code is only good for 2 hours for that specific location.

-Susie

Login to Me Too

SGmimi
New Community Member
I tried this method today, 30 minutes after obtaining the code for my particular store. It did not work. Very embarrassing. 7 people were lined up behind me. Still cant shop at Dollar General with out phone service.
Login to Me Too

Flairdevil
Contributor
Contributor
Bump. This is STILL an unresolved issue. Confirmed about an hour ago. Sigh. And yes, it's annoying and embarrassing when you have plenty of money in the account, but can't access it. Get it fixed PayPal!
Login to Me Too

Lilc5
New Community Member
I tried it yesterday and didn't realize it no longer took your phone number. Same issue as some else pointed out. Long line and very embarrassing since I had just used paypal at Home Depot using the same method. Can't they revert DG to the. Old way?
Login to Me Too

emkay4597
Contributor
Contributor

ok so how does one "check in"?

Login to Me Too

emkay4597
Contributor
Contributor

So.. if we don't have mobile data, then this is useless? I would be curious to see who the one person is who actually successfully completed a transaction at dollar general using paypal. This is far more complicated than it needs to be an in all honesty the only reason I even even bother to try is because I am broke and pay day is a day or two off and I have a few bucks in pay pal, otherwise.. I don't bother. It's a waste.

Login to Me Too

Lockness
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I opened the PayPal app at the register, when to the store I was in, flicked the slider to pay...and it would not give me a payment code. The little circle in the app kept spinning. And I had 3g internet. I don't know if its a problem with the app or what.
Login to Me Too

sheenaleiming20
Contributor
Contributor

hello

I am needing to purchase things at dollar general and wanted to pay with my paypal however I do not have a smart phone so how could i still pay with paypal or is it not an option

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You ca't.

But you can use cash or a credit card.  Stores gladly accept both payment types.

Login to Me Too

sheenaleiming20
Contributor
Contributor

I dont have cash today or a debit credit card but i have money in my paypal and need stuff from the store this is why i am asking if i can pay with paypal at dg without a smartphone

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.