Can't delete old phone number

rockman0
New Community Member

I have an old phone number on my account from when I first created it. I no longer have this number, so I've been trying to delete it. However, when I try to do so, I get a message saying "Sorry --- Your last action could not be completed." Does anyone know of a fix for this?

EDIT:

Sigh, I had been trying to delete the phone number for the last 30 minutes or so before I finally decided to make this post. Of course, after making the post, I decide to try again. And what do you know? It worked this time. So, I suppose you can ignore this post.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Cabarita
Contributor
Contributor

Confirming this issue still remains as of March 28th, 2014.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Sometimes working with PayPal takes some patience. 

When things don't go right while editing your account profile, you can try some easy things like:

* Deleting your web browser's cookies, temp files and history. Then close your browser, reopen it and retry.

* Another option is try a different web browser or if possible, another computer.

* And you can always simply wait a day or two.

* As a last option, contact customer support as they have the ability to look at your account details.  Unfortunately as this is a member to member help group, no one here can do what customer support can do.  All we can do is suggest options for issues like this.

Login to Me Too

Toddd
Contributor
Contributor

OR BOYCOTT TIS CRAPPY COMPANY! NOTHING WORKS EVER....How are we to delete our old numbers? OMG SO FUSTURATING!! 

Login to Me Too

Jdc1234
New Community Member
Absolutely appalling company, this problem still exists and it's nearly 2017, no live chat, you have to ring up India and listen to them talking rubbish for 10 minutes and then be told they still can't help you, what a joke
Login to Me Too

Bherbst
Contributor
Contributor

Same Problem here, but Paypal wants me to activate a number in which I made a typo and now I cannot remove it, rendering my account useless.

Login to Me Too

Ashindore
Contributor
Contributor
hey, i figured a way to fix this **bleep**. just log onto paypal from your smartphone using the app and delete the old numbers from there. I was about to go on a rampage and eat the heart out of some poor customer service person until I thought I would try this first. it worked, thank god.
Login to Me Too

chillerkid
That’s a good idea but I also have a problem. Apple wants me to verify my number before I can make any purchases and PayPal keeps providing my old number!!
Login to Me Too

ADTC

Is there going to be any fix for this bug? I'm getting this error but there's no captcha to fill:

The characters you entered do not match the characters in the image. Please try again.

What on earth is going on? 3.5% transaction fee on every money movement but can't get a website working properly...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.