You are viewing the PayPal Community Archives. This content may be old or outdated. Leave the Archive
Chat with our moderator team every Wednesday between 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET). Learn more in Community Events
Unfortunately one can only "close" an account - there's no option to delete it.
* Login to your account.
* Click on the "gear" icon next to Logout.
* You should see a link at the bottom left.
* "Close your Account" - click
In certain cases, you may not close your PayPal account, including:
* To evade an investigation.
* If you have an open PayPal Credit account linked to your PayPal account; however, your PayPal account can be restricted at your request so it is only open to enable you to service your PayPal Credit account.
* If you have a pending PayPal Pay After Delivery transaction, PayPal will not close your PayPal account until that transaction has been completed, but PayPal may limit your ability to make additional transactions using your PayPal account.
* If you have a pending transaction or an open dispute or claim.
* If your PayPal account has a negative balance.
* If your PayPal account is subject to a hold, limitation or reserve.