Can't confirm card nor bank account, but I would like to close my Paypal.

e_a_c_p
New Community Member

I am required by Paypal to do a few steps in order to remove limitations in my account, I have done all expect confirm card or bank account The reason being the bank account is about 3 years old, closed along with the cards. What can I do in this situation? I already sent an email, expecting good news, but still would like to know the options user-side.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You can verify your account by completing two out of three steps:
* Linking and confirming your bank account
* Verifying your credit or debit card information
* Providing your social security number.

If it's not possible to complete the above, then you cannot remove your limits.   You will still be able to receive money however, you may experience deposit delays and limits on both sending and withdrawing funds.

Should you decide to close your account:

* Login to your account.
* Click on the "gear" icon next to Logout.
* You should see a link at the bottom left.
* "Close your Account" - click

Notes:
As per the FAQs:   If you close your PayPal account, it can’t be reopened.  Any scheduled or incomplete transactions are canceled. You can’t close your account if there are limitations, unresolved issues, or a balance.  Also, if you have an email address on your account that you haven’t confirmed, remove it from your account before you close it.

Login to Me Too

e_a_c_p
New Community Member

I understand from your pose that I can use my SSN in order to prove my identity, however, I do not see this option in the account limitations dashboard. I can only see 5 options, 3 of which are completed. Again, the only two left are the ones I simply cannot prove in any possible way. Could paypal support close my account regardless of this, or if not, I don't want to waste my time with this account anymore then.

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You can close your account yourself if that's what you choose to do - as far as the SSN, you can add that in on your Profile page, after you login to your account, click on the "gear" icon on the top right of the screen.   Note, PayPal won't close your account if you can't meet all of the requirements, it just that if your account is "unverified", you're very limited as to what you can do with it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @e_a_c_p and @Snow-Cat,

I'm sorry to hear about the limitation and the difficulty resolving it. It sounds like there is an actual limitation on the account, rather than a situation where the account is unverified and has sending and/or withdrawal limits on it. It's a totally understandable confusion, and I'm happy to help clear things up!

While an account is limited, you would not be able to close it yourself. Customer support would also not be able to close the account with an unresolved limitation. You may be able to add a new card or bank account in order to confirm it to satisfy the steps of the limitation. It all depends on what the Resolution Center lists as the capabilities of the account under the limitation.

I hope that you have received a response to your email at this time, but if you haven't, you can also call or contact by Twitter or Facebook for individualized assistance.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.