Can't add money to PayPal account from bank account even though everything is verified

Jochildress20
Contributor
Contributor

I have verified all the necessary requirements for my PayPal account, and I have both a bank account and a debit card verified and confirmed with my PayPal account.

With all that in mind, I wanted to add some money to my PayPal account from my linked and confirmed bank account. I get to the point of confirming the amount that I want to transfer over to PayPal, and it is always coming up with an error message that just says "There's a problem with adding money to your account. If you'd like help, please contact us."

I have contacted PayPal through email, and they just gave me a list of things on how to add money to my account using a verified bank account. I already know how to do that because that's what I'm trying to do. I click "ADD MONEY", type in my desired amount, confirm which bank account I want to withdraw from, and hit "ADD TO YOUR BALANCE". This is when the aforementioned error message pops up. 

The vagueness is what's really irritating to me. I did everything right. My bank status is confirmed. My visa card is linked up to my PayPal. All of my contact information is present and validated. What the heck am I missing???

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

hdblack
Contributor
Contributor

the add money link worked!

Login to Me Too

Ghost-toast

Hey! I'm having this problem now too, it's very annoying. Any solutions yet?

Login to Me Too

knoll
Contributor
Contributor

Have a old business account that I have used for years. I tried to add funds to paypal account the way I done for years and it said my information wasn't correct. I know it's correct. I created a new personal account. Confirmed my bank and debit card and I'm still getting the same problem. Paypal has a major problem, thinking about deleting both accounts.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@knoll

a lot has changed,where are you and which bank are you trying to link/ 

Login to Me Too

Queasy
New Community Member

Also ran into the problem today of not being able to add funds.  I got past the first and second line support, but even at third line, the answer was consistent.  Then "solution" was to wait 24-48 hrs and try again, allowing security to "cool down".  When I pressed for more info on what this meant, was told even they don't have access at their level and that a subpoena would be needed to get the info I was asking for.  Not a comforting result for my 1 hour on the phone.

As others have mentioned, sending money will still work and just pulls from the linked accounts, so I did use that option.  Still a bit unsettling that there is a random/unknown failure preventing the addition of funds.

Login to Me Too

Bungee
Contributor
Contributor
Oddly, I was able to add funds from my phone. I don't know if that meant my account was freed from whatever the problem was or if it just works better from the phone. PayPal has made absolutely NO response to my many inquiries, complaints and survey answers.
Login to Me Too

renardv
Contributor
Contributor

Today day 2 of attempting to add funds to my PayPal account - I have had the SAME verified bank account attached to my PayPal account for over 10 years and in the past have never had an issue adding funds from my bank account.

Now I am getting the following error:

!We’re sorry. There seems to be a problem adding money to your account.  If you’d like help, please contact us. 

Yesterday:

I attempted to add funds and followed the prompts to contacted PayPal support.  I was advised the reason for not been able to add funds was that the PayPal security system has triggered due to logging onto PayPal form different IP addresses.  Wait 24 hours from now for the security system to reset and try again.

Today:

I attempted to add funds and followed the prompts to contact PayPal support.  I was advised the reason for not been able to add funds is that PayPal security system has triggered die to tow outstanding transaction waiting on funds from my bank.  Wait for a 2-4 hours for the security system to reset and try again in the morning.   

I did notice the PayPal consultant did query if there was a site wide adding funds issue.   The bottom line is PayPal support appear to be running blind and do not know why funds cannot be added. 

Login to Me Too

Bungee
Contributor
Contributor
I've been having the same problem and reported repeatedly on it to customer service, on every forum I could find, and in every customer satisfaction survey I've received. Nothing has helped - - except my accidental discovery that the funds transfers go through just fine from my smartphone (Chrome browser). I've tried transferring from the laptop since discovering this, and I still get the same error message, but the cellphone transfers continue to work.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there is really no need to add fund from bank,it will take fund from your bank if you choose bank as an option

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It would seem appropriate to contact PayPal customer service as stated in the error message.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.