Can't Remove Address

harmy823
Contributor
Contributor

I have an address i want to remove from my account. When I go into setting and click delete address, it gives me an error and says i need to remove it from my wallet first. If i go to my wallet, i can't find the address anywhere. It is not listed as the primary address on any of my cards. How do i get rid of it? Please help

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

randdwhite
New Community Member

Click on card and it will show address. Still won't change primary adress. It just seems to be a loop and old address will not change.

@harmy823 wrote:

I have an address i want to remove from my account. When I go into setting and click delete address, it gives me an error and says i need to remove it from my wallet first. If i go to my wallet, i can't find the address anywhere. It is not listed as the primary address on any of my cards. How do i get rid of it? Please help

Login to Me Too

harmy823
Contributor
Contributor
I understand that but I want to get that address off my account completely. I have the address set to primary that I want but I still can't get my old address off my account
Login to Me Too

LiloDay
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem, endless loop and I can't delete my old address which I don't live at currently and will never be moving back to.

EDIT: I figured out how to remove it, go to your wallet, click at the bottom of the page where it says 'Classic Site', then click on update next to your addresses, delete as needed. It's the stupid 'update' they've done to this website, nothing works properly.

Login to Me Too

alexanderfedin
New Community Member

@LiloDay wrote:

I'm having the same problem, endless loop and I can't delete my old address which I don't live at currently and will never be moving back to.

EDIT: I figured out how to remove it, go to your wallet, click at the bottom of the page where it says 'Classic Site', then click on update next to your addresses, delete as needed. It's the stupid 'update' they've done to this website, nothing works properly.

Does not work for me - when I choose "Classic Site", it throws me back to the "classic" home page, so If I navigate back to that "change address" screen, I get the same crappy page that does not work.
-------
Does anyone from PayPal monitors these messages? I do not see any answer or solution to the mentioned problem.

Login to Me Too

JoshuaTheWilson
New Community Member

@alexanderfedin wrote:

@LiloDay wrote:

Does not work for me - when I choose "Classic Site", it throws me back to the "classic" home page, so If I navigate back to that "change address" screen, I get the same crappy page that does not work.
-------
Does anyone from PayPal monitors these messages? I do not see any answer or solution to the mentioned problem.

alexanderfedin, if you click on your Wallet, then click on Classic Site, it'll give you the option to remove old addresses.  I've been having trouble with this too and I was able to remove my out-dated ones.

Login to Me Too

bandaidd
New Community Member

Thanks JoshuaTheWilson! I was having trouble with this, too. It still took me a bit, so I'll put down the steps that helped me.

I'm using Chrome on a Mac, btw.

I got into Wallet without a problem.

1. Click "Classic Site" link lower left of screen.

2. Find the address section. Mine just showed my current address.

3. In that section however, you may see "more" underneath and "edit" on the right.

4. The "edit" button is the magic one! You can then click all of the past addresses and delete the ones you'll never use again.

5. Paypal wonders "Are you sure?"

6. yeah, I was sure.

Login to Me Too

carsonskywalker
Contributor
Contributor

@bandaidd wrote:

Thanks JoshuaTheWilson! I was having trouble with this, too. It still took me a bit, so I'll put down the steps that helped me.

I'm using Chrome on a Mac, btw.

I got into Wallet without a problem.

1. Click "Classic Site" link lower left of screen.

2. Find the address section. Mine just showed my current address.

3. In that section however, you may see "more" underneath and "edit" on the right.

4. The "edit" button is the magic one! You can then click all of the past addresses and delete the ones you'll never use again.

5. Paypal wonders "Are you sure?"

6. yeah, I was sure.

I use Chrome under Windows 7 and I see all old addresses but no way to delete them.   If I click edit it only allows me to change current address which I do not want to do.  Is this a browser operating system problem? 

Login to Me Too

italianchick

wow... thank you. joshua wilson.   worked like a charm when i clicked classic site and followed your steps.   🙂

i'm also on a mac if that helps.

Login to Me Too

market12341313
Contributor
Contributor

im having the same issue, and I can't see where you get the wallet. I only ahve one address on my desktop but when i use the app i see all my old address and have gotten so many packages sent to the wrong adress.

can you please list out the steps again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.