Can't Add Bank Account

Zosimus
Contributor
Contributor

The error message is:

Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later.

No information as to why that is.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Zosimus
Contributor
Contributor

Problem Solved. The correct answer was:

Write to PayPal Customer Service. Ask them to add a four-hour security waiver, which will let you add your US Bank Account when you are outside the US for whatever reason.

This answer was provided by Emman of PayPal, so if you find him, give him Kudos for that answer.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zosimus

As you have given 0 info on your account then neither do we.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zosimus
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly what information should I be giving you? It's a Capital One 360 checking account. Is that the information you're looking for?

Is it possible to give negative kudos to a response?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Perhaps negative kudos should go to a poster who doesn't provide details about a problem.

Those attempting to help should not need to ask for more information, but so many posters fail to provide details about the problem.

What were you trying to do when got the error?

Login to Me Too

Zosimus
Contributor
Contributor

It's quite simple. I received a notifcation that someone had sent me money. So I logged into my PayPal account and sure enough, there's money there. So I figured I would withdraw the money into my account in Peru. So I clicked the help links to figure out how to do that and then it said that there was a $17 fee, so I figured "**bleep** that." I went to Capital One 360 and established a free checking account. Once it was done, I had the routing number and the account number.

Then I went to my PayPal account and clicked WITHDRAW FUNDS.

PayPal responded: 

You'll need to add a bank account

It's free to add a bank account to PayPal.

Link a bank account

So naturally I clicked on the Link a bank account url and hoped for the best.

Then it said:

Add your US bank account

Add a U.S. bank account and easily withdraw funds from your PayPal account to it.

So using copy and paste, I copied and pasted the routing number and the account number into the appropriate fields. When I was done, I clicked the link that says:

AGREE AND ADD.

Then I received the error message referenced above.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Finally, most of the details except:

In what country and currency is your PayPal account?

Where are you now?

How many PayPal accounts do you have?

Login to Me Too

Zosimus
Contributor
Contributor

Country? Not sure. Peru, I suppose. It does, after all, give me the choice of Withdraw Money vs. Withdraw Money with a local bank, by which PayPal means Interbank, the only bank with which PayPal does business here. Interbank, we understand, charges a 1.5 percent fee or $17, whichever is greater. So the obvious choice is to deposit the money in a US account and use Xoom.com to send myself the money for only $4.50.

Currency? Dollars.

Where am I now? San Isidro, Lima, Peru, South America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster.

How many PayPal accounts do I have? One.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zosimus

Firstly not only is it helpful to give some information but also to not be rude to those trying to help you.

Secondly if you are posting on the U.S forum and are NOT in the U.S then if you want accurate advice then you need to state you are NOT in the U.S.

Lastly you CANNOT withdraw funds from your paypal account in Peru.

The only option is to withdraw to a U.S bank account and that option is normally there as paypal is a U.S company and allows its users to add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts if they are working or living in that country.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

BUT if you are using Interbank try this   >>>

How do I transfer funds from my PayPal account to my Interbank account?

To be able to transfer funds held in your PayPal account to your Interbank account you must follow the steps listed below:
  1. Go to www.Interbank.com.pe, select the PayPal option in the menu to the left, then select Withdraw your funds.
  2. Choose the account that will be in receipt of the funds and the amount to be transferred. Read and accept the terms and conditions of the withdrawal service to continue the transfer process.
  3. Confirm the transaction details. You will receive the transferred funds in 5 business days.

Oh and you are welcome to that FREE advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zosimus
Contributor
Contributor

I am a US citizen, born in Los Angeles county, living in Peru using a PayPal account that I established while I lived in Los Angeles.

I desire to withdraw that money by placing it into an FDIC-insured US account with Capital One 360, a US-based bank. I do not understand why that's a problem nor do I understand why the error message merely says "Try again later." If it cannot be done EVER then why in the world would I try again later?!

Additionally, if you need more information, perhaps you should give a specific, detailed list of the information that you need so that I can accommodate your request.

Now, when I went to the link that you provided me with, I logged in and it says in bold letters in the upper-left corner PayPal, Inc. [US]. What am I to understand by that information? What am I to understand by the two choices:

Now, I clicked the FIRST OPTION and it took me to a page that asked for a US routing number, which I provided. It did not work. That's why I came here and started a thread entitled "Can't Add Bank Account." Personally, I thought that was pretty effing clear.

Now when I click on the first link it takes me to a page that says:

Add your US bank account

That's what it says. It says so in big letters. Last I checked, Capital One was a US Bank.

At any rate, thank you for your FREE advice. Once again, you have proved that you get what you pay for.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Zosimus
Contributor
Contributor

Problem Solved. The correct answer was:

Write to PayPal Customer Service. Ask them to add a four-hour security waiver, which will let you add your US Bank Account when you are outside the US for whatever reason.

This answer was provided by Emman of PayPal, so if you find him, give him Kudos for that answer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.