Can seller still charge me for Recurring Payment even after Payment Status says "Canceled?"

KnoxVol
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal forum,

Question: Is there any way the seller can charge me or re-start a recurring payment after I have canceled the payment?

I subscribed to a website help forum. The monthly payment was $9.00. It was a recurring payment.

I cancelled the subscription from a button on the forum [the seller's] website. On my PayPal account page, under Payment Status, it says "Canceled" on the same line/row with the provider's name.

I think it's going to be okay. That was the first time I had ever subscribed for a recurring payment and I need the peace of mind knowing the seller can't somehow re-start the subscription from their end.

I would appreciate any information.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AdamD

Hi KnozVol,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. Once you cancel the reoccuring payment or subscription through your PayPal account the merchant can no longer charge you. I have included a link here that will give the step by step instructions on how to do this through your PayPal account to ensure that it has been canceled.

- Adam

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.