Can not transfer funds due to my PayPal name being different to my Bank Account Name.

JosephM1704
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, my issue today is that my PayPal account name is different from my bank account name. My PayPal account is in my  name, however, it is not my actual full name (I prefer using my middle name over my surname). This means, if I were to use my own bank account, it still would not link correctly as I am using my first and middle name and not my surname (Which my bank account uses.). I realize the stupid mistake I have made however there is money in my PayPal which I'd love to draw into the bank account.  My bank account is linked to my mother's bank account so this means it cannot be confirmed as my PayPal name is different to my bank account name.

Any help is appreciated guys, I've been on the phone with customer support and they can't seem to do anything... I hope you guys can help!

Thankyou in advance!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JosephM1704

You could try sending it to a close mate or family member with a paypal account using the friends / family option (so its free) > they can withdraw it to their bank account and give you the cash?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JosephM1704
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, thank you for the fast reply!

I tried to do this however, it kept displaying an error which reads: 

We can’t send your payment at the moment. If you keep running into this issue, please contact PayPal.

If you continue to encounter problems, please contact Customer Service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.