Can I add another email to my account and accept payments to both?

gibbym
New Community Member

I'd like to add a second address to accept payments on my current account?

possible?  if so, how?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can have up to 8 email addresses associated with your PayPal Account.  Any of the 8 addresses can be used to accept money.  

How to add an email address:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile.
  3. Click My personal info.
  4. Click Update next to Email.

Login to Me Too

sinnans
Contributor
Contributor

I have two businesses. I have one paypal account for one business linked with bank.

So I can create another email in my existing Paypal Account. 
Please tell will I be able to diffrenciate that what payments I received from Email 1 and what payments I received from Email 2?

Login to Me Too

Look2xstyle
New Community Member
Hi, there isnt an update to my email
 but there is a + sign. When I went in it said I cant change my email. Is this because my acount is personal, not business? I very much need to add  another email as ebay wont let me revise 3 listings that are sold and the email is incorrect.
please help. Thank you

@snowshoe wrote:

You can have up to 8 email addresses associated with your PayPal Account.  Any of the 8 addresses can be used to accept money.  

How to add an email address:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile.
  3. Click My personal info.
  4. Click Update next to Email.

M

Login to Me Too

Kie20
New Community Member

I was wondering the same thing and hope this helps. If when you log in you see the new site, there is a "settings" icon(loooks like a gear) in the upper right hand corner between the bell icon and the "log out" button. When you click on it you should be redirected to a screen that allows you to change your settings. Scroll down a little bit and on your right-hand side you should see where you can add another email address to your paypal account. Once again, hope this helps and wasn't too confusing.

Login to Me Too

galensdad
Contributor
Contributor

I realize that this is a bit "off topic," but, perhaps someone out there can help me.  I recently changed my internet "provider."  The change rendered my primary PayPal e-mail address null and void.  I went to the PayPal site and "clicked" on the "gear" symbol which presented, supposedly, a means of editing, or deleting the "old" e-mail address. IMPOSSIBLE!  The site indicates that I can neither edit nor delete my primary PayPal e-mail address.  Never mind that the e-mail address of record is totally useless/null/void/worthless/ancient/obsolete/non-functional, etc., etc.!

I tried to resolve this issue via telephone.  Sterile exercise!

Login to Me Too

paelavong
Contributor
Contributor

Hello galensdad 

What you need to do is add your new email address first(coz obviously paypal cannot predict that your email is dead.

1. go to cog

2. click +

You need to make sure the new email is confirmed then changed it as your primary email.

then that's the time you can delete the previous email.

Login to Me Too

Csillita21
New Community Member

When I do the same thing that you just wrote does not let me to add another email address. I am trying to add with the plus sigh and change it but says this my my primery email and I am not able to change it. Othervise it says ( when I use the Plus sigh ) email is not available. I am waiting for money to appear on my paypal and the buyer has sent me a screenshot as well the she paid. 

I would applreciate your help

Thanx

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.