CHANGING NATIONALITY; ACCOUNT HAS FUNDS

Wangire
New Community Member

Hi, I opened a Paypal account and failed to notice the primary country (USA).  Now my Paypal account has money but I am unable to withdrawal. How do I change my nationality( to Kenyan) or access the money? 

regards

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wangire

Paypal is country specific so if you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

As you can't verify a U.S account you won't be able to transfer or withdraw those funds. All you can do is ask the person that 'sent' the funds to do a chargeback or dispute to get them back again and then send them to your new account that you should open in your own country.

However you don't have the option to withdraw funds in your country but you should be able to 'spend' them from your paypal balance once its been sent.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.