Bluebird Bank Account (American Express)

Staceylt40
New Community Member

I have spent hours looking through the Paypal website and forum looking for an answer as to why I am unable to link my bluebird account.  I want to be able to transfer from Paypal to my bluebird account.  I have added the card successfully, but it will not allow me to link the actual bank account to deposit to.  Every single post on the forum regarding this is UNANSWERED, therefore, I am not finding the answers.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only response I get when I try to add the routing and account numbers is:

"Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later." 

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

rnpazo
Contributor
Contributor

If you are in the Bluebird moblie application that my be the problem. I could not link my account until I went OUT of the mobile app & actually signed into the Bluebird website to add/link. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

STOUTjodee
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently the American Express Centurion Bank is a "virtual" bank and that's why we keep getting message.  How though is it  considered a virtual bank when an employer can direct deposit your checks???  I use my bluebird credit card to link my PayPal with, but apparently some sites don't consider that as verifying your PayPal.

I think PayPal needs to change this as many people don't have banking accounts and use these prepaid cards that have banks that they are associated with.

Login to Me Too

renagade281
New Community Member

this is bull crap... this was the whole reason i ordered the blubird card

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal prepaid MC debit card ,bankcorp bank,$4.95 a month.   

Login to Me Too

Stowner
Contributor
Contributor
I really wish I read this earlier. I added my Bluebird account yesterday and it said I just needed to wait until 2 small deposits from PayPal were made in order for it to be verified. I needed the money yesterday so I called customer service to see if there was a way to expedite the verification. The guy I spoke with said yes and asked me some questions about my account. He verified my Bluebird account and said the funds transferred should be available the next day. I transferred the funds and every time I checked up until this afternoon it said pending. Then when it said complete I checked my Bluebird account and nothing. Then I called Bluebird and they said PayPal isn't a partner. My fault for not reading the small print for Bluebird but PayPal should of known that I couldn't transfer funds to that particular account. Now I have to wait 3-4 business days, its Friday now, for bluebird to kick it back to PayPal. I'm so **bleep**! Its my money! Why does it take so much time and effort to get MY money. Someone needs to undercut PayPal and I'm going to read every tiny word before doing anything! The financial institutes are like the Mafia holding MY money hostage and charging stupid fees to access it. That's the whole reason I went with Bluebird but they only take cash, paychecks or government checks in order to ad funds. We need a revolution!
Login to Me Too

Well I did the same as the post on 3/17. Bought a bluebird card, then looked paypal linking up and saw this post.

Login to Me Too

Benj8
Contributor
Contributor

Well, its clear that Paypal doesn't support this now:

Capture.PNG

Login to Me Too

erixom
Contributor
Contributor
How can an entire bank be disabled??
Login to Me Too

IMBERLY
Contributor
Contributor
HOW IN THE BLUE **bleep** DID YOU LINK YOUR BLUEBIRD CARD TO YOUR PP ACCOUNT??? IT ABSOLUTELY AND POSITIVELY WILL NOT LET ME!!! I WAS EVEN TOLD BY A BLUEBIRD REP OVER THE PHONE I WOULD NOT BE ALOUD TO DO SO!! IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE!! I HAVE DONE COMPUTER, PHONE, APP, EBAY, ETC! NOTHING WORKS!!! HELP!!
Login to Me Too

ArielSass
Contributor
Contributor
Must Hold money in the card first (activated), then link.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.